I can’t believe it’s already been a month since we’ve been in the RV full time!
We’ve stayed in 11 campgrounds, put around 2000 miles on the motorhome and 1500 on the Jeep. We’ve used Passport America for 15 nights. We had to call CoachNet once for accidentally locking ourselves out of the motorhome. We had 2 vet visits for Blitzen. We’ve done at least a dozen loads of laundry. We’ve had temps from just below freezing to 105 degrees. We’ve been to four national parks. We’ve had few meltdowns.
I’ve learned things about myself.
- The world won’t end if I don’t shower everyday.
- I struggle with change, but I’m getting better at it.
- No matter how much time I spend trying to organize and clean, we still live in chaos. It makes me crazy.
- I’m slowly conquering my fears of driving on freeways. Yesterday I drove us into Las Vegas. I still prefer the two lane highways.
- I’m so glad we got a satellite dish, because I’m ready to crawl into bed at 6pm every night and just relax with tv, because I’m exhausted.
- Speaking of exhausted, I’m a terrible sleeper, so I’m BFFs with 1am.
- I may have brought too many clothes and shoes, but I’m not positive about that yet. Just kidding! There is no such thing as too many clothes and shoes!
Things I miss (besides my family and my cats):
- My very own washer and dryer that are available to me at all times
- My bed
- My fireplace
- My dishwasher
- My giant kitchen
- My huge, comfy sectional sofa
- Boots (I forgot to bring any boots except a pair of rain boots)
- My Keurig (no, I don’t have room for even a mini)
Little random crisis moments
- The aforementioned lock out of the motorhome
- Our first black tank clog
- Figuring out what I did to the cable connection
- A sick cat (it’s so much scarier when you don’t have access to your regular vet!)
- Breaking the antenna crank handle (today)
- Probably 50 things that I’m currently blocking from my memory
All in all I think we’re adjusting. We’re finding routines and remembering to make time for down days. We try to keep our drive days no more than a couple of hundred miles. I’m no longer a nervous wreck.
We can do this.